Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Mothers Day/Birthday Gift



















This project was way simple. My daughters softball team mate just had a birthday so I thought I'd have my daughter give her something. Of course my budget is always cheap because I come from a family of 6. So today my budget was $1.00. Yup, you heard me right! I went to Michaels cause they always have cute things on clearance. I found a cute desingn a mug kit. It came w/ ready made pictures for her to color but I just traced out the size on a blank paper so she can draw her own art on it. I threw some confetti in the cup to give it pop. I also ended up making lil' daisy bow clips. I was trying to figure out how I can put it in the cup. I found some of my kids project foams (the round shaped ones) and threw one in it. Wrapped some colorful pipecleaner around a pencil and stuck them in the foam. I also put some tulle in the cup to cover the foam. So now I had to figure out how to present the gift. My sis. Lepa came up w/ a cute idea. Instead of buying a bag she suggested grabbing a regular ol' white lunch bag, folding it down & punching holes in it around the rim & threading ribbon through it. It was such a cute idea. My hubby was playing around w/ one of the pipecleaners spelling out her name "Mora" and I thought it was way cute! That's why I glued it on the back of the bag! lol My daughter also drew on the front of the bag! There you have it! You can also customize this gift for a child to give their grandparent, aunt or mother. Great idea for a mothers day gift too! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment