Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Valentine Gift For A Guy





I know it's past Valentines Day but I figured I'd post this anyway. I'm sure someone will stumble upon it & be inspired to to do this for their special guy. Above is a poster Lepa & I made. I googled what type of gift to get a guy because as all you woman know it's hard to express to your man how much you really do love them. I could of made it myself but Lepa has such pretty penmanship & mine is just horrible. So I came across this blog some woman wrote about what she did for her bf. I thought it was cute. Only she had actual roses hanging on her shower head. I didn't have any funds to buy roses or even a rose. (lol) So I just drew my own on some construction paper I had lying around the house. Well, My husband and I went on a couples (family) date the day before Valentines. We worked on this project the night before so it would be ready when my husband & I arrived. (It was so funny because I tried to work on it while my husband was @ work & he had to show up early that night surprising me. He seen the poster & got the hint & just went to sleep lmbo)

Lepa babysat my kids @ my house & set everything up for me. She's such a great friend! :) She hung the poster on my shower curtain rod, taped the flowers I made on the shower, decorated the entire bathroom & placed hershey's kisses on the floor. As you can see the sign says "Now that I've kissed the ground you walk on & showered you w/ roses...Will you be my Valentine?" I know it's way cheesy & he actually laughed @ it & said some smart remark but he got the idea. He deserved to be pampered. Here's what I bought for this idea....


Poster board: $1 WALMART
Glitter paint: $1 DOLLAR TREE
Wall Decor (love & the hearts): $2 WALMART
Decorations: $1 DOLLAR TREE
Ribbon: $0 (left over from other projects)
Kisses: $1 DOLLAR TREE
Construction paper: $1

No comments:

Post a Comment